- COURSE INTRODUCTION, OVERVIEW AND WELCOME MESSAGE
Welcome to Community Mental Health Course.
My name is ................................... and
- SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND PREPARATORY COURSES
In the first week of this course, you will offer some short modules for skills development and preparation. This includes short courses on Life Skills, Introducing Peace and Conflict Resolution, Basics in Health, Hygiene and COVID-19 prevention, and community resilience. These preparatory courses were made to give you an introduction into the essentials of life skills to help you forward in your life and your job.
In Life Skills, you will learn to think about who you are and where you want to go, and what skills you will need to develop in order to get there. In introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution, you will do exercises with your fellow students in order to learn about conflict, how to recognize and respond to conflict, and how to mediate it. In the Basics of Health, Hygiene and COVID-19, you will be introduced to health principles that are important for you and your community. In community resilience, you will learn to recognize how experiences you have may have impacted or continue to impact you, and how you can deal with this, so that you can fully concentrate on your professional career.
Please enjoy these introductory courses in your first week, and continue to work with and reflect on this first week as you move through the full course.
- STUDY UNIT 1: FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH OUTREACH
This Study Unit seeks to convey or render knowledge of personal and professional development plan to scholars / learners. Emphasis is put in identification of goals to achieve with their respective priorities, schedules, personal strength and commitment, action list preparation, getting further support and finally measuring progress as well as personal / professional development plan outcomes assessment.
- STUDY UNIT 3: SPECIFIC SKILLSDo you want to know if community mental health specific skills would be beneficial to you and if it would be worth your time and effort? Few community-serving workers, in fact, would not benefit from improved mental health knowledge and intervention abilities. Working in social services, health care, law enforcement, or education, for example, exposes you to mental health difficulties on a regular basis, even if you aren't aware of it.This Study Unit explains the specific skills required to have a good start to a unit and a well structure problem solving of a unit
- STUDY UNIT 4: SELF-CARE FOR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
This study unit nurtures its leaners in line understanding self-care for mental health. This embeds portraying and explicitly explaining the needs for self-care.
In addition, the knowledge of developing self-care plan moreover with the monitoring techniques are also attained ounce this material is thoroughly utilized in the learning manner.
- STUDY UNIT 6: SPECIALIST SKILLS: UNDERSTANDING AND DEALING WITH TRAUMA
This unit comes in two parts and is developed in recognition that most people may have come across experiences, that are very difficult that continue to affect them in many ways including affect their learning. These experiences may include war, atrocities, abuse, extreme poverty and other similar experiences that have caused you to feel helpless and unable to escape and save yourself.
- الموضوع 6