- COURSE INTRODUCTION, OVERVIEW AND WELCOME MESSAGE
- SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AND PREPARATORY COURSES
In the first week of this course, you will offer some short modules for skills development and preparation. This includes short courses on Life Skills, Introducing Peace and Conflict Resolution, Basics in Health, Hygiene and COVID-19 prevention, and community resilience. These preparatory courses were made to give you an introduction to the essentials of life skills to help you forward in your life and your job.
In Life Skills, you will learn to think about who you are and where you want to go, and what skills you will need to develop in order to get there. In introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution, you will do exercises with your fellow students in order to learn about conflict, how to recognize and respond to conflict, and how to mediate it. In the Basics of Health, Hygiene and COVID-19, you will be introduced to health principles that are important for you and your community. In community resilience, you will learn to recognize how experiences you have may have impacted or continue to impact you, and how you can deal with this, so that you can fully concentrate on your professional career.
Please enjoy these introductory courses in your first week, and continue to work with and reflect on this first week as you move through the full course.
- Study Unit 1 - Entrepreneurial MindsetThis study unit is an introductory session which deals developing entrepreneurial attitude such as dedicating oneself for life time learning, serving others, self-discipline and the views on success versus failure, serving others and so on.
- Study Unit 2 - Personal Entrepreneurial CompetencesThis study unit is an introductory session which deals developing personal entrepreneurial competencies (PECs) such as goal setting, systematic planning and monitoring, information seeking, opportunity seeking and initiative, risk taking, demand for quality and efficiency, risk taking and so on.
- Study Unit 3 - Achievement Cluster
This module or Study Unit covers the basic aspect of entrepreneurial innovative and innovative Concepts such as invention, innovation, creativity, and its process, knowledge exploration and exploitation, and the relationship between innovation and entrepreneurship development.
Read the ebook and watch these videos.
- Study Unit 4 - Managing Innovation Concepts, Processes, Tools and Techniques
This Study Unit covers an introduction to design thinking which has become a popular method of innovation. Learners will be introduced to the three spaces of the design thinking method namely inspiration, ideation, and implementation. Further, emphasis will be based on the concept of business model generation which focuses on how an enterprise creates, delivers, and captures value is going to be addressed by relating to the implementation space of the design thinking method.
- Study Unit 5 - Introduction to Design Thinking
This study unit will introduce you to the concept of design thinking method. It also justifies why originations are increasingly using the design thinking method of innovation. The study will emphasize on the systems of constraints on which design thinking projects are based on
- Study Unit 6 - Design Thinking - Inspiration PhaseThe study unit deals with the inspiration phase which is the first phase of the design thinking method of innovation. In this study unit, you will study how to understand people better. In order to understand people better, you will learn how to observe people's daily life activities and actively listen to them so that you can know about their desire and become smarter on your design challenge.
- Study Unit 7 - Design Thinking - Ideation Phase
The study is about the ideation space which is the second phase of the design thinking method. Thus, you will study how to generate more ideas and select the best. In order to do so, you will be familiarized with the opportunity do-ability assessment framework and the factors stimulating or hindering creativity. Further, in this study unit, you will learn how to facilitate the ideation process using different creativity tools and techniques.
- Study Unit 8 - Design Thinking - Implementation Phase and Business Model GenerationThis study unit deals with the last phase of the design thinking method which is the implementation phase. Particularly, you will study how to implement ideas through business models. In this study unit, you will be introduced to the business model generation and the business model generation canvas which is a tool used for business modeling as well as a method for coming up with business model innovations.
- Study Unit 9 - Communicating Your Ideas or Pitching